Thursday 6 March 2008

Execute cmd/bat from VS2005





I haven't blogged for a while. Unfortunately, I have been really busy. Here is a helpful tip that I discovered a while ago .... It is an incredibly handy one .
1. First, you need to go to Tools->External Tools in the Visual Studio IDE.
2. Then, add a new one with the settings depicted in the picture below.
I would be interested to know if people find this one as useful as I have. I have been using it for a number of purposes (including executing various Nant scripts).
Also, An important note - you have to Customize the context menu before you can use the Execute Command External Tool. This is done by:
1. Clicking on Tools->Customize and select Context Menu.
2. Drag and drop the External Tool to the Project Items -> Project Item context menu.

No comments: